Big​ ​Whitefish​ ​Lake​ ​Association

Board​ ​of​ ​Director’s​ ​Meeting
September​ ​15,​ ​2017

Meeting​ ​called​ ​to​ ​order​ ​at​ ​7:05​ ​PM

Roll Call:

Buyze,​ ​Cornelius,​ ​Dykhouse,​ ​Korhonen,​ ​Moore,​ ​Rohen,​ ​Szymczak,​ ​Van Timmeren,​ ​Walker.

Absent:

DeVries,​ ​Smith

Secretary’s Report:

Minutes from the Fall Membership Meeting, the BOD Meeting from August, and the Short BOD Meeting to elect officers, were all approved as posted on the BWFL Website, Passed Rohen/Van Timmeren

Treasurers Report:

The Treasurer’s report was approved as submitted as of 8/31/17 Passed, Korhonen/Rohen

Election​ ​of​ ​Officers​:

The slate of officers is amended from the August 26, 2017 BOD meeting as follows:

Dan Buyze, President
Jane Dykhouse, Vice President
Jeff Smith, Treasurer
Ron Van Timmeren, Secretary

Passed, Korhonen/Rohen

Activities:

Winterfest:​ Location to be announced, depending on the weather, last week of January, 2018. Date will be February 3, 2018.

Meet​ ​&​ ​Greet​: Need date and commitment for Chairperson. Jerry Rohen will reach out to Glenn Stout

Fun Run/Walk: Jerry Rohen/Pat Szymczak, Zone D will take the lead this year. July 4, 2018

Boat Parade: Jennifer Walker and Janet Moore have stepped up to help with this activity. July 4, 2018. Cheryl Stormzand will be contacted.

Fire Works: ​Jerry Poisson will be invited to the October meeting in order to finalize the patron donation idea that was presented at the August, General Membership Meeting. July 3, 2018

Gar Pike and Dogfish: July 14, 2018 is the date for next summer.

Fishing Contest:​ August 4, 2018, this date needs to be confirmed.

Pontoon Tie-Up and Golf Outing: Kathy Gleason, need confirmation of date for 2018.

Spring​ ​Membership​ ​Meeting​: will be held on June 2, 2018

Fall​ ​Membership​ ​Meeting​: will be held on August 25, 2017, date to be confirmed.

Committees:

BWL Attire: ​Mary Underwood and Susan Smith are working on new logos which have been generously donated by Pat Szymczak. Order forms will be ready with the Association Dues letter in early Spring.

Dam​ ​&​ ​Channel​ ​Regulations​ ​&​ ​Launch​: P​er Walt DeVries, the Dam is still in good shape.

Directory​: Jeff Moore reported that he is still in need of photos for the 2018 directory, especially photos from the Fishing Contest.

Government Liaison/Road Maintenance​: Dan Buyze made contact with Pierson Township regarding the dead Ash Trees on Dagget near the old club house. The Township has accepted responsibility to remove the trees, they will see what can be done. No date of completion was promised.

Historical Publication​: Bert Korhonen/Jane Dykhouse, books are being distributed to new residents in good standing with the association.

Land Use and Development​: Second court to be striped for PickleBall, new nets have been purchased, need budget for 2018.

Web Page​: A big Thank You to Judy Warner for all of her work with the website

PLM​: Year end report coming to us in October. They will be invited to attend our October BOD meeting.

Lake Ecology​: A new co-chair is needed for this committee.

New/Old Business​:

Walleye planting: Dan is asking whether it is feasible to stock the lake with Walleye fingerlings. The BOD will make a decision as new information is available.

Community Outreach: discussion regarding how we as an association can interact positively with the community. Ideas such as helping support the Pierson/Sand Lake Little League were presented.

The weed fund Special Assessment: will be coming due again in 2020. The language may need to be updated well before this date. Jane will scan the necessary documents to all BOD within the week. BOD will need to review these documents for an upcoming meeting.

Sea Gull Permit: Is the permit still needed? How many gulls are being taken each year? Who is on the committee to take gulls?

Winslow Park: Pierson Township still has funds for further improvement. Melanie Gould, is heading up this project. Pierson Township is still working on the Master Plan for the Park and are seeking input from citizens. Dan will put together an email to the association members to ask for their input.

End of Summer 2018 party:. Let’s make sure we have a Thank You Party in August of 2018 for all of the committee and activity members as a way of saying Thank You. More brainstorming yet to come on this.

Motion​ ​to​ ​Adjourn​ meeting at 8:30 PM, Passed, Korhonen/Van Timmeren.

2017-2018 ​Board​ ​of​ ​Director’s​ ​Meeting​ ​Schedule

September 15 Buyze
October 13 Dykhouse
November 10 Cornelius
January 12 TBD
April 13 Dykhouse
May 11 Rohen
June 8 Buyze
August 10 TBD

Respectfully Submitted,
Jane Dykhouse, Secretary